Millboard is an asbestos free sheet material composed mainly of aluminium oxide (approx. 34 %), silicon oxide (approx. 44 %) and organic binders (approx. 12 %). Designed for thermal insulation, protection during welding or electrical discharge protection or to replaced the formerly used asbestos paper.
- Brittle material, easy to cut;
- Shrinkage: after 24 hours at 1000 °C - 2.6 %;
- Combustion losses: 19.1 %;
- Thermal resistance at:
- 400 °C - 0.10 W / m * K
- 600 °C - 0.11 W / m * K
- 800 °C - 0.13 W / m * K
- 1000 °C - 0.14 W / m * K
- Operating temperature: up to 1100 oC;
- Colour: greyish white.
The density of the millboard is several times higher than glass/ceramic/fibre papers or felt, which let use millboeard for a wider range of applications. Suitable for insulation of drying equipment, cylinders, electric arcs, welding flashlights, burners, steam generators (boilers), ovens, boilers and flammable furniture.
Do not use for open flame, only for thermal insulation.
- Length x width: 1000 x 1000 mm
- Thickness: 3 mm; 4 mm; 5 mm; 6 mm; 8 mm; 10 mm